Sunday 9 January 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year one and all! Now, for some reason my blog is not allowing me to arrange the photos in this post, so the best will be saved until last!

To get the ball rolling, here are a couple of (heaven forbid!) landscape shots. I took these before Christmas whilst walking through the South Bank Christmas Market :) The winter sunshine was really bringing out the colours around the sights and I snapped these two in passing.

The London Eye

View of parliament

So that was 2010, now on to 2011 and more familiar photographic subject teritory for me! A sunday brought the first crisp, sunny day of 2011 for which I was back in london and free to wander up to the Wetland Center for just an hour. The late afternoon winter sun was really highlighting the main lake to creat a wonderful atmosphere to photograph the wildlife.

The first highlight of the afternoon was some activity on the islands as a new heron flew in to join his compatriots roosting in the reeds. i caught this shot as he drifted in to land.


And now the highlight. I suddenly realized my time had run out and i needed to head home when a juvenile grebe popped up from the reeds directly in front of the hide. One further dive and he surfaced with a catch. His timing was impeccable, I had not yet packed up and I fired off a stream of shots as he consumed his afternoon snack.








1 comment: